Tiffany

Providence, RI, United States

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

hmmmm.....

Well....certain things I now have a different outlook on. I am so thankful for all of my brothers and sisters in the Lord and for your encouragement! I had my last conversation yesterday with the girls because I was told to ask them if I had offended them in any way and to get it out to be talked through. The last conversation, in all complete honesty, was probably one of the hardest and the least expected. I was SO heated afterwards and it really ruined the rest of my day; I made that decision as well. But, in my quiet time this morning God really showed me some encouraging truth from Psalm 105. (I would provide a link, but that is more high-tech than I'm ready for :) Anyways, it was giving the bigger picture of God's plan for Israel and then went into the life of Joseph. But, in the first few verses David is telling his readers to praise God and to remember His miracles. In verse 4, "Search for the Lord and for his strength, and keep on searching." This verse is backed up by so many others in the Bible about if you search for Him with all your heart He will be found.....Going to verse 17 is when Joseph comes into the picture and talks about his waiting period and going through the storm of his life. In verse 19("Until the time came to fulfill his word, the Lord tested Joseph's character. Then Pharaoh sent for him and set him free...") he states how even though Joseph was going through an extremely tough situation he continued to trust God and His perfect timing had finally come for His will to be fulfilled in Joseph's life. I feel as though that is my situation down to the "T". In my devotion it stated that 'when you walk with God your opportunities for advancement are regulated by His plan, NOT someone else's actions. This only looks like a prison - in reality its the birthplace of promise and the day of small beginnings! God has not changed His mind, so don't change yours! When He's going to build something great He takes extra time to lay the foundations. "Jesus grew...in favor with God and men" (Lk 2:52). Allow yourself time to grow!" To say the least I was very encouraged and Col. 3:23 reminds me to work with my whole heart to please God and not man and my reward comes from Him and not man. I cant allow anyone the opportunity to rob me of my joy. Jesus commands me to "rejoice always! again I say rejoice"....just in case I didn't understand it the first time :) Prayers are heard and answered to which I am so thankful to you all!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

How encouraging! Isn't it amazing how God's Word applies to EVERY situation in our lives?! I am excited to hear how He is speaking to you! Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie Kay said...

Sounds like God is building character in you. Thanks for sharing. What devotional are you using?